1. Jack, Jack Russell Terrier (4 m/o), Queen Victoria Park, Niagara Falls, ON, CAN • “He likes to play fetch. If you don’t play with him he gets mad and starts barking.”
2. Ellie, Golden Retriever (3 m/o), Washington Square Park, New York, NY • “She’s super chill. We’ve only had her for two days. She slept through both nights.”
3. Luna & Calcetas, Labrador Retriever/Shepherd mixes (5 w/o), Forsyth Park, Savannah, GA • “Calcetas is laid back and Luna is all energy.”
4. Eevee, Shih Tzu (3 y/o), Prince & Broadway, New York, NY • “She steals underwear – she has a stash under the couch.”
6. Pipkin, Maltipoo (6 y/o), Echo Park Lake, Los Angeles, CA • “I took him to a pet psychic because I wanted to know where he came from. She said he belonged to an 8-year-old girl and that one day he got out, got hit by a car, and then the family gave him away as a punishment."
7. Cheeto, French Bulldog (11 w/o), 9th & 2nd Ave., New York, NY • “She’s a spaz.”
8. Early Bird, Pointer mix (3 m/o), Union Square, New York, NY • “He came with a broken tail. A broken tail light.”
9. Cinnamon, Pit Bull (2 m/o), Madison Square Park, New York, NY • “She can’t be left alone for 20 seconds without crying.”
10. Henry, Shih Tzu mix (5 y/o), 22nd & Lexington Ave., New York, NY • “He was found as a baby in an alley in Memphis, TN, and brought to NYC by Bideawee. I say he’s a Shih Tzu with some stuffed animal in him. He’s become the Bideawee spokes-dog and is currently on his seventh Times Square billboard promoting animal rescue."
11. Rusty, Miniature Australian Shepherd (8 y/o), Pike Place Market, Seattle, WA • “His favorite thing to do is hump larger dogs. I’m still discovering all the wonderful things about him."
12. Charles Barkley, Pit Bull/Treeing Walker Coonhound mix (2 m/o), Centennial Park, Nashville, TN • “He discovered the chickens on our friend’s farm; he chases them. The cat got ahold of him too (on the nose).”
13. Mac, Cavapoo (11 w/o), 8th & Macdougal St., New York, NY • “He’s got moxie. When we walk him in the park it’s like walking with The Beatles – everyone comes up to him.”
14. Max, Bernese Mountain Dog (9 w/o), Bloomfield & 3rd St., Hoboken, NJ • “He already weighs 15 pounds. He’s a handful.”
15. Sidney, Boston Terrier (18 m/o), Lafayette & Kenmare St., New York, NY • “She’s nuts and gets snaggletoothed.”
17. Zoe, Jack Russell Terrier (3 m/o), Lighthouse Beach, Chatham, MA • “We’ve only had her for four days, but she loves being with other dogs.”
18. Kila, mix (2 y/o), Rosie’s Dog Beach, Long Beach, CA • “She’s blind. She measures her space by going in circles. It took two months for her to figure out the stairs. She doesn’t know which animals are which but she plays with every one of them.”
19. Khaleesi, Pomeranian (1 y/o), 34th & 3rd Ave. New York, NY • “She’s the Queen. She owns the place and runs everyone in her daycare. She’s five pounds of fury.”
20. Tobby, Chihuahua mix (4 m/o), High Line, New York, NY • “He got hit by a car a month ago – he got loose. He broke his jaw and is getting his wires out next week. He’s going to be a brand new puppy.”
21. Bibichibi, Pug (3 y/o), 51st & 5th Ave., New York, NY • “Bibi is very lovely and always asks me to get up and make her dinner.”
22. Brady, Goldendoodle (3 m/o), Brooklyn Memorial Day Parade – Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, NY • “Whenever he does something bad he covers his eyes with his paws.”
23. Maxie, Yorkshire Terrier (2 y/o), Washington Square Park, New York, NY • “He’s got a huge emotional range – happy, angry, anxious. He’s an angel and a devil.”
24. Santa, Toy Australian Shepherd (18 m/o), Spring & West Broadway, New York, NY “It’s his season.”
25. Boo, Pit Bull/Boxer mix (2 y/o), 10th & 2nd Ave., New York, NY • “He loves to be carried like a baby. Want to see?”